- If you are ready to apply for membership, please click on the apply now button, and you will be redirected to an online application form. This will secure you a spot on the entry list (there is no obligation on your part to join), and someone from the membership team will contact you shortly.
- If you have more questions, or would like to have some one contact you, you can call us at (347) 7-FLY-PFC (347-735-9732) and leave a message and someone from the membership team will get back to you. Alternatively, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Club membership is limited, however we are always open for new applications, since membership positions do become available from time to time.
The membership process
- When you are ready to proceed to membership, fill out the membership application form.
- The candidate will then be asked to meet with our board of trustees. This provides the opportunity for the board to answer any questions the candidate might have regarding the club and its operations, and it offers the board a chance to get to know the candidate. It also gives the candidate the opportunity to meet with the people who are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the club. The board meets on the third Thursday of every month, and typically that is when these interviews are scheduled. However, arrangements can be made for candidates for whom that day is not convenient.
- After the meeting with the board of trustees, assuming both the club and the candidate decide to proceed, the candidate pays the buy-in and first month’s dues, and starts his/her 60 day trial period beginning on the first of the following month with “dual” privileges.
- To gain “solo” privileges, the member must fly with one of our CFIs and pass the membership checkride. The checkride is to Private Pilot PTS, regardless of whatever additional ratings you might hold.
- The candidate becomes a full member when the 60 day trial period expires, when the candidate passes the club checkride and is granted solo privileges, or when the candidate exercises his vote as a full member at a meeting, whichever comes first.
The sixty day trial period
- When you are first admitted to the club, you start on a risk-free 60 (sixty) day trial membership. This allows you to experience PFC, and decide for yourself if the club is for you.
- During this trial period, either the new member or the club can terminate the new member’s membership at any time.
- If a new member decides to leave the club for whatever reason during this trial period, your full equity contribution ($3,500) plus whatever monthly dues they may have paid will be refunded in full. You will be responsible for only the charges related to actual flying you’ve done during this period.
- Similarly, if the club decides to terminate a new member’s membership during this trial period, the member’s equity and any dues paid will be refunded in full, and the member will be responsible for the charges related to the actual flying they have done.
- The trial period terminates, and the new member becomes a full member with all the associated responsibilities and privileges, at the earliest of:
- 60 days since the date of admission;
- The member passes the club checkride and gains solo flight privileges, or;
- The member exercises his/her vote as a member in a general meeting.
- Private pilot certificate, and at least one of the following:
a) 150 hours total time, 75 hours PIC time;
b) instrument rating, or;
c) 12 hours of flight time in the last 90 days.
- 5 hours in the NY high density area (or other similarly congested airspace)
- There are no Cessna specific experience requirements, though you will have to pass the member checkride to Private Pilot PTS in one of our C172s.
- Buy-in: $3,500 buy-in, $2,500 returned on exit from club
- $166 monthly dues
- Hourly Tach rates are
- C172s (6 pack): $128 per Tach hour wet
– C172 G1000: $161 per Tach hour wet
– C182 SMA: $162 per Tach hour wet